Painguin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Painguin

A forum site for things concerning people in, around, and from clarksburg

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monopoly: The verdict.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Party Stew
Admin
Party Stew

Monopoly: The verdict. Empty
PostSubject: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Alright everyone, the game monopoly. What's your opinion? Is it a great game or does it suck or does it fall some where in between. If this turns into a flame war, remember that this was the origins. The great monopoly debate of 2010.
Back to top Go down
https://painguins.forumotion.com
Dragonforce Ian

Dragonforce Ian

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm

its fun when everyone starts off not on teams. then once people start losing and buying stock options its better. i think its the best flame war monopoly money can buy.

I've got some fond memories of playing monopoly with my family. problem is dad treats it like the real world and ends up ripping off Nicole and buying everything lol
Back to top Go down
MeanOldPig

MeanOldPig

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Monopoly is one of the most aggressive board games I've ever played. Like Ian said it starts off all calm and relaxed but around the 2nd hour everyone's nerves are on edge. It can also last forever, I think I've put at least 8 hours into a game before.
Back to top Go down
Dragonforce Ian

Dragonforce Ian

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 am

8 hours?! holy crap. at 2 hours whatever game im in usually ends and if we're not done we just quit. i think with stock options rules it could last longer.
Back to top Go down
MeanOldPig

MeanOldPig

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Stock options made it last forever. Plus we are all stubborn as hell to keep playing.
Back to top Go down
Party Stew
Admin
Party Stew

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:56 pm

It just never ends and only one (maybe two if they cheat together) people are happy at the end. I'm voting a very serious no on monopoly being fun, unless you annoying the fuck out of other people with "STOCK OPTION!"
Back to top Go down
https://painguins.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monopoly: The verdict.   Monopoly: The verdict. Empty

Back to top Go down

Monopoly: The verdict.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Painguin :: The Quad :: Other games-
Jump to: