Painguin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Painguin

A forum site for things concerning people in, around, and from clarksburg

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any ideas for it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Party Stew
Admin
Party Stew

Any ideas for it? Empty
PostSubject: Any ideas for it?   Any ideas for it? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 4:44 pm

So we think we have the rules down but any inspiration is a good inspiration
Back to top Go down
https://painguins.forumotion.com
Andy Panda

Andy Panda

Any ideas for it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas for it?   Any ideas for it? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 pm

We should keep an overall running tally of victories/scores. At the end we can declare which side wins(good or evil?)

We could also have rankings that change from week to week based on performance, affecting army confidence.
(Ex: #1 ranked player gets +1 to all rolls on a single unit of their choice)
Back to top Go down
Party Stew
Admin
Party Stew

Any ideas for it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas for it?   Any ideas for it? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I really like the idea of winning battles improving your troops. that's a pretty cool. It also dawned on me that I should post what we have so far. I made this website at midnight when I should have been asleep at ten so you'll have to forgive me.

Anyways, the game is good and evil fighting over a planet. The campaign predominately takes place on the continent called Dreadland. There are 3 rounds per day where sides choose who attacks, who reinforces, and who gathers resources. The battles take place and then you go onto the next round.

At the end of all the rounds, there is a battle over one of the other continents on the planet. I haven't decided what the outcome of these battles will mean but it'll probably be one of two things. You'll either get a victory point and the side with the most victory points wins, or there will be a weapon or creature or item of value that players will fight over or try and prevent the others from getting. On the final day, the final battle for the continent Dreadlands will happen where players will field their armies along with anything they've won from previous continent battles.

Resources can be gathered but that player can not attack the same turn that they do it. resource points, or RPs, can be spent to get things like better weapons for a battle, call in an artillery strike and other things. There will be some race sepcific ones too. There are two major rules about resource gathering though. One, you can only gather resources from places that you have conquered (Where you were the main attacker and not simply reinforments.) The other big one is that players can not share resources between each other. So the resources you gather can not be used by everyone.

Other then that, it's a 500 point per army kinda game. Not a lot so you may have to rely on your allies for some help.

So that's the basics of it. It's a lot of text but not all of it is rules. A lot of it just ideas that I have thought up while sweeping hay at work. Any suggestions or changes that should be made?
Back to top Go down
https://painguins.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Any ideas for it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas for it?   Any ideas for it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Painguin :: Warhammer 40k :: Everything Warhammer!-
Jump to: